Thursday, December 11, 2008

I am still thankful




A few weeks after thanksgiving and I’m still feeling very thankful/grateful for all of my blessings. This is a good thing! I think we can get spoiled and forget that there are people in this world and even in our own neighborhoods without proper food, clothing, or shelter. This year I asked my vendors to make donations on my behalf or to donate my corporate schmoozing gifts to shelters. I really honestly don’t need anything. I’d much rather feed a family a holiday dinner for $15 than to receive a box of chocolates that I know I’ll regret eating later on anyway. So this year while you’re out in the shuffle and bustle of the Holiday season – Throw some change in the salvation army bucket, buy a gift for a child in need or donate to your local food bank. You really can make a difference.

No comments: