Thursday, November 1, 2007

Thursday morning musings


Sometimes I think I forget that God is in control of my life. I try to do stuff on my own and it inevitably gets screwed up. Then like magic I remember that it’s not up to me. It’s all up to Him. The pressure and stress leaves and then everything falls into place like it’s supposed to.

It’s like the little kid reaching for something they need or want high on a shelf – Instead of asking their dad to help them they try everything possible to reach what they want. They’ll grab a bench that’s too short. Try to jump, leap, spin in circles and eventually fall on their face. Finally, after they are frustrated and worked up they’ll ask their Father for help. It takes Him all of 5 seconds to do what took us hours of frustrating work to fail at. I think I’m slowly but surely learning what I can control and what God control. And allowing God to be God and take care of what He does best - taking care of me :o)

No comments: